- Indie Authors and the Hidden Stigma of POD
Accepting POD as equal to offset is a big leap for most industry folks, but it would result in smarter printing decisions and create an environment in which indie authors are given a level playing field rather than one that shuts out certain players.Brooke Warner is publisher of She Writes Pres
- Sexual Harassment Is a Problem in Publishing
And that’s what I did.”Brooke Warner, publisher of She Writes Press, said one issue is that many of the men who sexually harass women assume their behavior is aboveboard: “ think they’re being charming, or flirtatious.
- PW Online and On Air: Week of September 25, 2017
Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers.BookLife ReportSelf-published author Brooke Warner discusses how giving a TED Talk has become a new goal for authors.PodcastsWeek AheadPW senior writer Andrew Albanese looks ahead to the Frankfurt Book Fair, which, after some down years during the global recession
- Taping into TED to Boost Your Author Platform
I remember sitting on a publishing panel about a year after The Oprah Winfrey Show aired its final episode and discussing how she had disappeared from recent book proposals.
- Obituary: Top Exec at Three Publishers, Howard Kaminsky, Dead at 77
The two wrote and published more than five novels under the pseudonyms Brooks Stanwood and Arthur Reid.
- Fall 2017 Children's Announcements: Publishers S-Z
The Magic School Bus Rides Again revs up with Meet the Class by Samantha Brooke (Dec. 26, paper, $3.99, ISBN 978-1-338-20236-6), The Monster Power (Dec. 26, paper, $4.99, ISBN 978-1-338-19444-9) and Sink or Swim (Dec. 26, paper, $4.
- Fall 2017 Children's Announcements: Publishers A-F
by Mariko Tamaki, illus. by Brooke Allen (Oct. 10, hardcover, $14.99, ISBN 978-1-4197-2725-2), launches a series about the campers from the Lumberjanes graphic novels.
- Fall 2017 Children's Announcements: Publishers N-R
National GeographicHey, Baby!
- Publishers Weekly Annual Adult Bestsellers 1990-2013
- What Amazon’s New Buy Box Policy Means for Indie Authors
Brooke Warner is publisher of She Writes Press and SparkPress, president of Warner Coaching Inc., and author of Green-light Your Book and What’s Your Book?
- Amazon Buy-Button Change Raises Alarms, Questions
Brooke Warner, publisher of She Writes Press and an IBPA board member whose Huffington Post piece first brought this issue to light, said she wonders how Amazon is monitoring the resellers and what steps it takes to prevent them from selling used books once they’ve won the default buy butt
- New Amazon Buy Button Program Draws Ire of Publishers, Authors
The policy took on a more public face last week, after Brooke Warner, publisher of She Writes Press and a board member of the IBPA, wrote about it in the Huffington Post.The IBPA followed up Warner’s article with a letter to its members warning them of the potentially dire
- The Indie Publishing Feminist Revolution
Warner says that, working in a women’s press, “you can’t deny anymore.
- What Writers Need to Know about Envy
And finally there’s inner confidence, which is ours for the taking, so be like my son and embrace how awesome it is to be a runner-up, with your eye on the long game and the future yours for the taking.Brooke Warner is publisher of She Writes Press and SparkPress, president of
- IBPA Meeting Pushes for Parity
In kicking off the official start of the conference, Brooke Warner, of the hybrid publisher She Writes Press and SparkPress, argued that there is no reason that publishers using nontraditional business models should be excluded from taking part in industry organizations.