- Children's Books: Children's Reviews, Week of 7/24/2006
Roaring Brook/Porter, $16.95 (32p) ISBN 1-59643-165-2 Schwartz's (Oscar: The Big Adventure of a Little Sock Monkey, reviewed June 26) spry story introduces a pony-tailed gal with oodles of personality and an answer for everything.
- On Sale in August
Randy Taraborrelli (Warner, $26.95). 175,000 copies.Armageddon's Children by Terry Brooks (Del Rey, $26.95).Rise and Shine by Anna Quindlen (Random, $24.95).The Last Town on Earth by Thomas Mullen (Random, $23.95).
- Spring 2007 Sneak Previews
ABRAMS Abrams sits right back to hear a tale with When I Grow Up by Tina Louise, illus. by Oliver Corwin, by the fo
- Children's Books Reviews: Week of 7/17/2006
- Children's Books for Fall, S
Chestnut Hill gains Team Spirit by Lauren Brooke ($4.99, 9-13).
- New in Religion: Anti-Religion
It was probably inevitable.
- Fiction: Publishers Weekly Fiction Reviews from 6/26/06
The Light of EveningEdna O'Brien.
- Nonfiction Reviews: Publishers Weekly Nonfiction Reviews from 6/26/06
Nonfiction How Language Works: How Babies Babble, Words Change Meaning, and Languages Live or DieDavid Crystal.
The Briefing Diana Baroni at Warner Wellness has acquired N.
- The On-Sale Calendar: September 2006
by Jamie Lee Curtis, illus. by Laura Cornell (HarperCollins) The Confident Woman: Start Today Living Boldly and Without Fear by Joyce Meyer (Warner Faith) The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer (Warner) Dark Angels by Karleen Koen (Crown) A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon (
- BEA's Convention & Education Schedule
Street Lit (9:15—10:30) with Beth de Guzman, Time Warner Book Group.
- PW's Guide to BEA Exhibitors: W
Featured: licensed how-to draw books and kits, including Nickelodeon, Disney, Warner Bros., Cartoon Network, Hasbro, Wyland.
- PW's Guide to BEA Exhibitors: T
Kirk MacNulty; Seventy Great Journeys in History; Chronicle of the Queens of Egypt by Joyce Tyldesley; Balenciaga Paris by Nicolas Ghesquiere; Reuters: The State of the World by the Reuters staff; Mediterranean Modern by Dominic Bradbury; Pet Shop Boys by Chris Heath and Philip Hoard; Private Re
- PW's Guide to BEA Exhibitors: L
Featured:Soul of Tone: 60 Years of Fender Amps by Tom Wheeler; Live at the Village Vanguard by Lorraine Gordon with Barry Singer; How to Have Your Hit Song Published, by Jay Warner; The Ultimate Vintage Snare Drum Collection by Michael Currato; Get Media
- PW's Guide to BEA Exhibitors: S
Saddleback Educational This first-time exhibitor offers textbooks, workbooks, read-alongs, paperback books, reproducibles and more in all subject areas for elementary, middle and high school students as well a