- Authors Wow GLIBA Booksellers
Moderated by Jan Dundon of Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville, Ill., Sunday morning’s panel of teen and tween authors got the ball rolling for about 60 booksellers.
- WI15: Celebrating Winter Institute’s Sweet 15 in Baltimore
.; and a session titled “Life Cycle of the Book” with local author Laura Lippmann, booksellers Bradley Graham of D.C.’s Politics & Prose and Tegan Tigani of Seattle’s Queen Anne Book Company, and senior members of the publishing staff at HarperCollins.
- What Indie Booksellers Are Doing About. . .
\tTegan Tigani, children’s book buyer at Seattle’s newly opened Queen Anne Book Company, prefers to integrate series with stand-alone titles.
- Welcoming Spaces: LGBTQ Books 2017
Brock regularly hosts LGBTQ-focused events and is adding a drag queen children’s story time in June, an idea he first read about on the events page for the San Francisco Public Library.
- Regional Shows In Full Swing
He joked that whenever he travels, "the feeling of displacement is always helped by going into the local bookshops."
- Identity, Perseverance, and Setting: A Latinx Heritage Month Celebration
Tickets were available with the purchase of one of those novels through six independent Latinx bookshops across the country—Mil Mundos, Brooklyn, N.Y.; Third House Books, Gainesville, Fla.; Epilogue Books, Chapel Hill, N.C.; Booklandia, Oakland, Calif.; Kew & Willow Books
- A Look at New Bookstores
There are great bookshops in Queens, but they’re all quite a haul from our neighborhood, which is such a world unto itself.
- Bookselling Tips from Children’s Institute 2017
“Running a Successful Children’s Department Staff Meeting”With Kelsey April of Savoy Bookshop & Café in Westerly, R.I., and Bank Square in Mystic, Conn.; Laura DeLaney of Rediscovered Books in Boise, Idaho; Valerie Koehler of Blue Willow Bookshop (moderator) in Houston, Tex
- Children’s Institute 2020: Big Kids' Books for Summer/Fall 2020
“For middle grade, I’m looking forward to lots,” says Lily Tschudi-Campbell, marketing coordinator at Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- BEA's Convention & Education Schedule
Back to Main Page
- New Books from Old Masters: Seuss, Sendak, and Silverstein
“Once NPR stories hit, it seems to get huge,” says Tigani of Queen Anne Books.
- SCBA's Schmooze Cruise
Donna Paz's marketing seminar opened the SCBA show aboard the Queen Mary.
- Mid-South's Boasts High Spirits But Low Attendance
Auden and Stephen Spender.Indeed the guide was spawned by frequent phone requests she has gotten "from people everywhere, wanting information, historical and otherwise, on writers and sites here related to them or their work, recommendations for New Orleans books, and bookshops," she said.
- Bookselling Tips from Children’s Institute 2019
San Antonio, Tex.; and Angela Whited, Red Balloon Bookshop,St.
- Children’s Bookselling Tips from Winter Institute 2017
“ABC Presents: Using Nielsen Data to Expand Nonfiction Sales”With Kenny Brechner of Devaney, Doak & Garrett Booksellers in Farmington, Maine; Tegan Tigani of Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle, Wash.; Carol Moyer of Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh, N.C. ;