- A Look at New Bookstores
There are great bookshops in Queens, but they’re all quite a haul from our neighborhood, which is such a world unto itself.
- In the Study, with a Typewriter: 100 Years of Agatha Christie Novels
Below, more on Agatha Christie.And Then There Were More: Agatha Christie’s Influence Seven mystery writers discuss the debt they owe the Queen of Crime.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, July 12, 2020
The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs - 9780062914132 - (William Morrow) 4.
- Children’s Institute 2020: Big Kids' Books for Summer/Fall 2020
“For middle grade, I’m looking forward to lots,” says Lily Tschudi-Campbell, marketing coordinator at Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- In Brief: June 25, 2020
Hosted by the Astoria Bookshop in Queens, N.Y., the event featured Altebrando (l.) and author E.
- Bookstores Go It Alone in Reopening
Gibson’s Bookstore in Concord, N.H., is open to customers by appointment only, while Annie Philbrick, owner of Bank Square Books in Mystic, Conn., and Savoy Bookshop & Café in Westerly, R.I., has gone to a plastic hall pass approach.
- In Support of Indie Bookstores, Dozens of Illustrators Send Art
Brooklyn’s Stories Bookshop and Storytelling Lab has become a fixture for children’s author events since the store opened four years ago.
- 15 New and Forthcoming Indie Press Gems
Operating for 25 years, the mission hasn’t changed—evolving into a press, community bookshop, and literary programming.Killer UnconqueredChris Lambert.
- In Brief: March 19, 2020
Travelin’ Band From March 3–7, Marie Lu (The Kingdom of Back), Melissa de la Cruz (The Queen’s Assassin), and Astrid Scholte (The Vanishing Deep) visited four cities for Penguin Teen on Tour.
- Children's Authors Boost One Another on Twitter
Let’s support them and our bookshops.
- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
In addition to providing open access for all to the digital edition of the magazine and launching the #BooksAreEssential campaign, Publishers Weekly is maintaining a list of canceled events, impacted book industry functions and policies, and more on this list as a resource for navigating the new coronavirus
- The Misadventures of Nero Wolfe: Parodies and Pastiches Featuring the Great Detective of West 35th Street
The 18 pastiches and parodies in this superb anthology from Pachter (The Misadventures of Ellery Queen) honor Rex Stout’s iconic sedentary sleuth.
- The Stolen Letter: A Scottish Bookshop Mystery
At the bookshop, Mary reveals that she’s the reincarnation of Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
MacmillanDucktective Quack and the Cake Crime Wave by Claire Freedman, illus. by Mike Byrne (Apr. 1, $9.99 paper, ISBN 978-1-5098-8240-3).
- Children's Authors Renovate Washington Bookstore
The store’s three employees will stay, and the re-opening will include a number of changes at the bookshop—starting with kids’ books.