- Indie Booksellers Incensed as Amazon Breaks 'Testaments' Embargo
The mix-up has incensed independent booksellers, and drawn an acknowledgement, if not a flat-out apology, from publisher Penguin Random House.A number of angry independent booksellers have taken to social media to vent about the fact that Amazon violated the embargo set by Penguin Random House; the
- Children’s Institute 7 in Photos
.): Angela Whited of Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- Bookselling Tips from Children’s Institute 2019
San Antonio, Tex.; and Angela Whited, Red Balloon Bookshop,St.
- Books Are the Stars at BookExpo 2019
., raved about A Place to Land by Barry Wittenstein, illustrated by Jerry Pinkney (Holiday House/Porter), about Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech for the 1963 March on Washington.Spencer’s New Pet by Jessie Sima (S&S) was a top pick for Sara Grochowski, children’s book buyer at Mc
- BookExpo 2019: Booksellers’ Picks for Kids
Tegan Tigani, children's book buyer at Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle, is a big fan of Frankly in Love by David Yoon.
- Beyond Drag Queen Story Hour: LGBTQ Books 2019
“We have George on the shelves right with everything else.”The Carle Bookshop at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, Mass., has a natural partner in the museum that houses it.
- Peach Clobbered: A Georgia B&b Mystery
This bright and breezy series launch from Gerard (the Black Cat Bookshop mysteries, as Ali Brandon) introduces Nina (pronounced Nine-ah) Fleet, a divorcée who moves from Atlanta to Cymbeline, Ga., where she impulsively buys a historic Queen Anne house.
- The On-Sale Calendar: June 2019
Murray and Darren Wearmouth (Harper Voyager, $25.99; ISBN 978-0-06-286896-1). 100,000 copies.Lost Queen by Signe Pike (Atria Books, $17 paper; ISBN 978-1-5011-9142-8). 75,000 copies.The Hidden Power of F*cking Up by The Try Guys (Dey Street Books,
- Winter Institute 2019 in Photos
Dylan Meconis signed copies of her graphic novel, Queen of the Sea (Walker Books US).
- WI14: Children's Books, Authors Create a Buzz; A New Publisher Arouses Controversy
Reynolds, Opposite of Always (HarperCollins/Tegen, Mar.), introduced by Blue Willow Bookshop’s Berner; Scott Brown, XL (Knopf, Mar.), introduced by Nichole Cousins, White Birch Books, North Conway, N.H.; Gillian McDunn, Caterpillar Summer (Bloomsbury, Apr.), introdu
- The On-Sale Calendar: April 2019
Dow (Dutton, $27; ISBN 978-1-5247-4388-8).Bookshop of The Broken Hearted by Robert Hillman (G.P.
- Apple iBooks Category Bestsellers, Sept. 2, 2018
The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George - 9780553418781 - (CrownArchetype) 20.
- PW Star Watch 2018 Honorees
The sisters also produce an annual report each March on diversity in romance publishing that has drawn much attention from the industry.Veronica Santiago LiuFounder and general coordinatorWord Up Community Bookshop/Librería Comunitaria, New York CityWhat began as a one week, or maybe one month tops,
- Fall 2018 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
A rebel heiress avenges her father’s death with the help of some jewel-thieving drag queens.
- Fall 2018 Children's Announcements: Publishers R-Z
Random HouseI Am Cindy-Lou Who (Oct. 2, board book, $7.99, ISBN 978-1-5247-1803-9) and I Am Sam-I-Am (Jan. 8, board book, $7.99, ISBN 978-0-525-57958-8) by Tish Rabe; and I Am Max by Astrid Holm (Oct. 2, board book, $7.99,