- Seasonal Adjustments: Fall 2.0
Like publishers, independent bookshops are learning to do business in the Covid-19 era, and much of what they’ve done to adapt is new, too.
- Bookselling Activism During the Pandemic
At Maggie Mae’s Kids Bookshop, Roberts faced her most dramatic community pushback when the bookstore hosted its first Drag Queen Story Hour events for kids.
- Identity, Perseverance, and Setting: A Latinx Heritage Month Celebration
Tickets were available with the purchase of one of those novels through six independent Latinx bookshops across the country—Mil Mundos, Brooklyn, N.Y.; Third House Books, Gainesville, Fla.; Epilogue Books, Chapel Hill, N.C.; Booklandia, Oakland, Calif.; Kew & Willow Books
- A Look at New Bookstores
There are great bookshops in Queens, but they’re all quite a haul from our neighborhood, which is such a world unto itself.
- In the Study, with a Typewriter: 100 Years of Agatha Christie Novels
Below, more on Agatha Christie.And Then There Were More: Agatha Christie’s Influence Seven mystery writers discuss the debt they owe the Queen of Crime.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, July 12, 2020
The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs - 9780062914132 - (William Morrow) 4.
- Children’s Institute 2020: Big Kids' Books for Summer/Fall 2020
“For middle grade, I’m looking forward to lots,” says Lily Tschudi-Campbell, marketing coordinator at Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- In Brief: June 25, 2020
Hosted by the Astoria Bookshop in Queens, N.Y., the event featured Altebrando (l.) and author E.
- Bookstores Go It Alone in Reopening
Gibson’s Bookstore in Concord, N.H., is open to customers by appointment only, while Annie Philbrick, owner of Bank Square Books in Mystic, Conn., and Savoy Bookshop & Café in Westerly, R.I., has gone to a plastic hall pass approach.
- In Support of Indie Bookstores, Dozens of Illustrators Send Art
Brooklyn’s Stories Bookshop and Storytelling Lab has become a fixture for children’s author events since the store opened four years ago.
- 15 New and Forthcoming Indie Press Gems
Operating for 25 years, the mission hasn’t changed—evolving into a press, community bookshop, and literary programming.Killer UnconqueredChris Lambert.
- In Brief: March 19, 2020
Travelin’ Band From March 3–7, Marie Lu (The Kingdom of Back), Melissa de la Cruz (The Queen’s Assassin), and Astrid Scholte (The Vanishing Deep) visited four cities for Penguin Teen on Tour.
- Children's Authors Boost One Another on Twitter
Let’s support them and our bookshops.
- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
\tHow a Small New York Bookstore Survives: Avoid the Day bookstore in Rockaway, Queens opened earlier this year and found customers in the midst of the pandemic.
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
MacmillanDucktective Quack and the Cake Crime Wave by Claire Freedman, illus. by Mike Byrne (Apr. 1, $9.99 paper, ISBN 978-1-5098-8240-3).