- In Brief: March 19, 2020
Travelin’ Band From March 3–7, Marie Lu (The Kingdom of Back), Melissa de la Cruz (The Queen’s Assassin), and Astrid Scholte (The Vanishing Deep) visited four cities for Penguin Teen on Tour.
- Children's Authors Boost One Another on Twitter
Let’s support them and our bookshops.
- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
January 14 \tUpstate New York Store Persists: Queen City Books in Buffalo continues to sell comics and has lasted more than 50 years in business.
- The Misadventures of Nero Wolfe: Parodies and Pastiches Featuring the Great Detective of West 35th Street
The 18 pastiches and parodies in this superb anthology from Pachter (The Misadventures of Ellery Queen) honor Rex Stout’s iconic sedentary sleuth.
- The Stolen Letter: A Scottish Bookshop Mystery
At the bookshop, Mary reveals that she’s the reincarnation of Mary, Queen of Scots.
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
MacmillanDucktective Quack and the Cake Crime Wave by Claire Freedman, illus. by Mike Byrne (Apr. 1, $9.99 paper, ISBN 978-1-5098-8240-3).
- Children's Authors Renovate Washington Bookstore
The store’s three employees will stay, and the re-opening will include a number of changes at the bookshop—starting with kids’ books.
- WI15: Celebrating Winter Institute’s Sweet 15 in Baltimore
.; and a session titled “Life Cycle of the Book” with local author Laura Lippmann, booksellers Bradley Graham of D.C.’s Politics & Prose and Tegan Tigani of Seattle’s Queen Anne Book Company, and senior members of the publishing staff at HarperCollins.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, December 15, 2019
The Queens of Camelot by Sarah Zettel - 9781504057806 - (Open Road Media) 14.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2019: Illustrated Books
Art & PhotographyBeauty—and art—are in the eye of the beholder, who is sure to find at least one gem among this stunning selection.Dora MaarEdited by Damarice Amao, Amanda Maddox, and Karolina Ziebinska-Lewandowska (J.
- In Brief: September 26, 2019
In Tiger Queen, a desert princess must battle in an arena for her right to rule.
- Rights Report: Week of September 16, 2019
Goodale, a bedtime tour around a bookshop, where many friends are being tucked into their shelves for the night.
- PW Star Watch 2019 Honorees
Margot AtwellHead of publishingKickstarter, BrooklynEight weeks ago, Atwell was promoted to the position of head of publishing at Kickstarter.
- In Brief: September 5, 2019
'If I Had a Hammer' David Shannon appeared at Blue Willow Bookshop in Houston in honor of his new picture book comedy, Mr.
- Indie Booksellers Incensed as Amazon Breaks 'Testaments' Embargo
The mix-up has incensed independent booksellers, and drawn an acknowledgement, if not a flat-out apology, from publisher Penguin Random House.A number of angry independent booksellers have taken to social media to vent about the fact that Amazon violated the embargo set by Penguin Random House; the