- COVID-19: Ongoing List of Cancellations
Publishers Weekly is maintaining a list of canceled events, impacted book industry functions and policies, and more on this list as a resource for navigating the new coronavirus and its impact on the industry.
- Spring 2020 Children's Announcements: Publishers M-Q
MacmillanDucktective Quack and the Cake Crime Wave by Claire Freedman, illus. by Mike Byrne (Apr. 1, $9.99 paper, ISBN 978-1-5098-8240-3).
- Children's Authors Renovate Washington Bookstore
The store’s three employees will stay, and the re-opening will include a number of changes at the bookshop—starting with kids’ books.
- WI15: Celebrating Winter Institute’s Sweet 15 in Baltimore
.; and a session titled “Life Cycle of the Book” with local author Laura Lippmann, booksellers Bradley Graham of D.C.’s Politics & Prose and Tegan Tigani of Seattle’s Queen Anne Book Company, and senior members of the publishing staff at HarperCollins.
- Apple Books Category Bestsellers, December 15, 2019
The Queens of Camelot by Sarah Zettel - 9781504057806 - (Open Road Media) 14.
- Holiday Gift Guide 2019: Illustrated Books
Art & PhotographyBeauty—and art—are in the eye of the beholder, who is sure to find at least one gem among this stunning selection.Dora MaarEdited by Damarice Amao, Amanda Maddox, and Karolina Ziebinska-Lewandowska (J.
- In Brief: September 26, 2019
In Tiger Queen, a desert princess must battle in an arena for her right to rule.
- Rights Report: Week of September 16, 2019
Goodale, a bedtime tour around a bookshop, where many friends are being tucked into their shelves for the night.
- PW Star Watch 2019 Honorees
Margot AtwellHead of publishingKickstarter, BrooklynEight weeks ago, Atwell was promoted to the position of head of publishing at Kickstarter.
- In Brief: September 5, 2019
'If I Had a Hammer' David Shannon appeared at Blue Willow Bookshop in Houston in honor of his new picture book comedy, Mr.
- Indie Booksellers Incensed as Amazon Breaks 'Testaments' Embargo
The mix-up has incensed independent booksellers, and drawn an acknowledgement, if not a flat-out apology, from publisher Penguin Random House.A number of angry independent booksellers have taken to social media to vent about the fact that Amazon violated the embargo set by Penguin Random House; the
- Children’s Institute 7 in Photos
.): Angela Whited of Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- Bookselling Tips from Children’s Institute 2019
San Antonio, Tex.; and Angela Whited, Red Balloon Bookshop,St.
- Books Are the Stars at BookExpo 2019
., raved about A Place to Land by Barry Wittenstein, illustrated by Jerry Pinkney (Holiday House/Porter), about Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech for the 1963 March on Washington.Spencer’s New Pet by Jessie Sima (S&S) was a top pick for Sara Grochowski, children’s book buyer at Mc
- BookExpo 2019: Booksellers’ Picks for Kids
Tegan Tigani, children's book buyer at Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle, is a big fan of Frankly in Love by David Yoon.