- Vibrant Book City, Dynamic Winter Institute
\t \tChildren’s bookseller Tegan Tigani, buyer at Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle, appreciated the ABC programming.
- Notable Deaths of 2013
\tThe deaths of individuals who have contributed to the 20th and 21st century literary landscapes provide an opportunity: to reflect on lives lived in the service of ideas, stories, and free expression.
- Adult Books & Authors at Wi9
\tPublishers are bringing dozens of authors to this year’s ninth annual American Booksellers Association Winter Institute in Seattle.
- Retail in Seattle: In the Shadow of Amazon
“Bring it on,” says Janis Segress, owner/operating manager at Queen Anne Book Company, who is more than willing to do battle with Amazon.
- Supporting the Indie Wave
Indies First grew out of his experience of being a bookseller for a day at Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle.
- Indie Sleepers Titles to Watch: Fall 2013
In addition to the review staff at PW, Julian Karhumaa and William Hastings at Farley’s Bookshop in New Hope, Pa.; Seija Emerson, Mary Shadoff, and Geoff Nichols at University Book Store in Seattle; and Mason Smith at Ingram Content Group offered their favorite selections.
- Astoria Bookshop to Open Next Week
\t \tWhile Astoria Bookshop will be only general independent bookstore in Queens since the closing of Seaburn Bookstore in 2011, it is not the only new bookstore to open in the neighborhood.
- What Indie Booksellers Are Doing About. . .
\tTegan Tigani, children’s book buyer at Seattle’s newly opened Queen Anne Book Company, prefers to integrate series with stand-alone titles.
- Astoria Bookshop to Open in August
\tAfter a long search for the right space for a general bookstore in the Astoria section of Queens, N.Y., Connie Rourke and Lexi Beach signed a lease to open Astoria Bookshop at 31-27 31st Street.
- This Week's Bestsellers: April 29, 2013
In early May, she will sign books at Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville, Ill.
- What's Selling at Reading Frenzy BookShop
\tAt Reading Frenzy BookShop in Zimmerman, Minn., owner Sheri Olson talks about her success with a quartet of titles across several genres.
- Penzler Brings Mysterious Press Online
Westlake, Ellery Queen and Joseph Wambaugh.
- SCIBA Sees Bounce in Bookseller, Librarian Support
Nelson’s Toy and Bookshop and Cheryl Ryan of Diesel Books.
- Authors Wow GLIBA Booksellers
Moderated by Jan Dundon of Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville, Ill., Sunday morning’s panel of teen and tween authors got the ball rolling for about 60 booksellers.
- New Books from Old Masters: Seuss, Sendak, and Silverstein
“Once NPR stories hit, it seems to get huge,” says Tigani of Queen Anne Books.