- Summer Sales of Children's Books at Indie Stores Are Up
Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- BEA 2014: A Busman’s Holiday
Mark’s Bookshop.”Bank Street Bookstore 2879 N.
- Staying Alive: Otto Penzler
On the very morning that I interviewed Otto Penzler in his basement office beneath the Mysterious Bookshop in lower Manhattan, the New York Times reported on a new scientific study that tied reading books to living longer.
- Bookselling Tips from Children's Institute 2018
“Creating and Implementing Successful LGBTQIA Youth Programs” With Lynn Mooney (moderator) of Women & Children First in Chicago; sweet pea Flaherty, owner of King’s Bookshop in Tacoma, Wash.; Joy Preble of Brazos Bookstore in Houston; Jonathan Hamilt and Rachel Aimee of
- (Not) Only Irish Need Apply
Patrick's Day, creating a "Green Season"In This Article:Booksellers Bow to QueenWhat hath Frank McCourt wrought?
- BookExpo 2018: Big Kids’ Books of the Show
She is also excited about Deb Caletti’s A Heart in a Body in the World (Simon Pulse), and Victoria Aveyard’s War Storm, the conclusion to her bestselling Red Queen series.
- Indie Bookstores Finish 2015 on High Note
“Amazon continues to be a huge presence in Seattle and globally,” said Janis Segress, co-owner of Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle.
- This Week's Bestsellers: April 29, 2013
In early May, she will sign books at Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville, Ill.
- WI14: Children's Books, Authors Create a Buzz; A New Publisher Arouses Controversy
Reynolds, Opposite of Always (HarperCollins/Tegen, Mar.), introduced by Blue Willow Bookshop’s Berner; Scott Brown, XL (Knopf, Mar.), introduced by Nichole Cousins, White Birch Books, North Conway, N.H.; Gillian McDunn, Caterpillar Summer (Bloomsbury, Apr.), introdu
- Kids' Booksellers Predict Strong Summer Sales
The shift in seasons is very welcome at Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- BookExpo 2018 in Photos
(Holt), brought along a special spud to BookExpo.Courtney Summers signed galleys of her upcoming YA novel, Sadie.Illustrator Sophie Blackall checked out the new Ivy and Bean book at Chronicle’s stand.Authors at the Simon & Schuster Children’s Breakfast, which was moderated by Cathy Berner (center
- Taking a “Trust Fall” with Indies
But, he added, if the indies exaggerate the hype that can accompany books, they will lose the trust placed in them by readers.Lexi Beach, who opened Astoria Bookshop in Queens two years ago with Connie Rourke, said that she’s never had a rule book when it comes to running t
- Vacation Stores | ShelfTalker
Post navigation ← My Bookstore Crush Call in Well Day → Vacation Stores Josie Leavitt July 20th 2009 4 Replies Tweet The disco thump of the Tea Dance next door
- Vibrant Book City, Dynamic Winter Institute
\t \tChildren’s bookseller Tegan Tigani, buyer at Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle, appreciated the ABC programming.
- SCIBA Sees Bounce in Bookseller, Librarian Support
Nelson’s Toy and Bookshop and Cheryl Ryan of Diesel Books.