- Children’s Institute 2020: Big Kids' Books for Summer/Fall 2020
“For middle grade, I’m looking forward to lots,” says Lily Tschudi-Campbell, marketing coordinator at Red Balloon Bookshop in St.
- BEA's Convention & Education Schedule
Back to Main Page
- New Books from Old Masters: Seuss, Sendak, and Silverstein
“Once NPR stories hit, it seems to get huge,” says Tigani of Queen Anne Books.
- SCBA's Schmooze Cruise
Donna Paz's marketing seminar opened the SCBA show aboard the Queen Mary.
- Mid-South's Boasts High Spirits But Low Attendance
Auden and Stephen Spender.Indeed the guide was spawned by frequent phone requests she has gotten "from people everywhere, wanting information, historical and otherwise, on writers and sites here related to them or their work, recommendations for New Orleans books, and bookshops," she said.
- Bookselling Tips from Children’s Institute 2019
San Antonio, Tex.; and Angela Whited, Red Balloon Bookshop,St.
- Children’s Bookselling Tips from Winter Institute 2017
“ABC Presents: Using Nielsen Data to Expand Nonfiction Sales”With Kenny Brechner of Devaney, Doak & Garrett Booksellers in Farmington, Maine; Tegan Tigani of Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle, Wash.; Carol Moyer of Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh, N.C. ;
- All Things Asparagus
It refuses to budge when a king, queen, princess and even the ruler's rhino try to remove it after it suddenly appears on the monarch's lawn.
- Anatomy of a Mystery
Auguste Dupin, in the Poe tale—with Lord Peter Wimsey, Ellery Queen, Miss Marple and Perry Mason following suit.
- Galleys on the Go Give Readers an Early Look at Debut Novel
Before I Fall centers on Samantha, a high-school queen bee who attempts to redeem herself, as she relives the day of her death seven times after she's killed in a car crash.
- Rights Report: Week of June 23, 2014
and Lola Levine, Drama Queen, which will be published in spring 2016.
- LGBTQ Publishing: Books for Every Body
Recent headlines have brought transgender issues into the public consciousness: the homecoming-queen crowning of a transgender teen in conservative Utah, the very public transition of former Olympian and reality TV star Bruce Jenner, and a California woman’s lawsuit against Barnes & Noble for wrongful term
- Bookstores Go It Alone in Reopening
Gibson’s Bookstore in Concord, N.H., is open to customers by appointment only, while Annie Philbrick, owner of Bank Square Books in Mystic, Conn., and Savoy Bookshop & Café in Westerly, R.I., has gone to a plastic hall pass approach.
- Bookselling Tips from Winter Institute 2016
Minimum Wage Update: Advocacy and ImplementationBecky Anderson at Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville, Ill.; Jarek Steele at Left Bank Books in St.
- For Indies, Ho-Hum Holidays on the Whole
Mysterious Bookshop, New York City, has always used Bookazine more than other wholesalers.