- Publishing’s Virtue
Basically, with an appeal to decency: you should buy our goods because it’s the right thing to do.
- How It Feels to Be Self-Published Me
In the New Year, I will continue to urge others to find their authentic voice (or as the late poet Jayne Cortez wrote, “Find your own voice & use it, use your own voice & find it”).
- Writers to Watch 2016: New Debut Fiction
But Amy Gustine, the author of the story collection You Should Pity Us Instead (Sarabande, Feb.), finds writing directly from personal experience confining.
- Excerpt: The Hero or Heroin of This Story
“You can, but then you have to recycle it inside your lungs, better to take short pulls,” “How long should I hold it in?”
- How I Accidentally Wrote a Bestseller
Or if they did, they took pity.
- A Sudden Blow
Once people heard me talking they said, Oh you should be on TV!
- The Piracy Problem
After posting her antipiracy views on Tumblr, she says, she heard “over and over” from pro-piracy readers, “You should be happy people are reading your books.”
- Children's Book Reviews: Week of 5/12/2008
Holt, $16.95 (32p) ISBN 978-0-8050-7903-6 Beginning with a direct address—“What would you do if someone told you.../ your voice doesn't matter/ because you are a girl?
- Children’s Book Reviews: Week of 11/5/2007
It is now in you that they will live”).
- PW Picks: Books of the Week, July 6, 2015
Wild and witty, McClure uses menses and cum alongside various intoxicants to summon the kind of depravity that can undo structures of power (the entirety of the poem “Straight Dudes” challenges “Why are you/ still here”).
- Writers to Watch Summer-Fall 2016: Anticipated Debut Fiction
We can’t use its beaches?’
- Printing in Hong Kong 2013: A Transformed and Varied Landscape
(Yes, you can definitely teach old dogs new tricks.)
- PW Supplement: British Publishing
We should get to 100 million pounds a year before I think we can expand dramatically."
- Nonfiction Reviews: Week of 2/4/2008
The authors also offer tips for travelers like how to get quality treatment (snipping off a button before you send down dry cleaning or leaving some cash in a pocket will imply to employees you may be a “spotter,” an undercover hotel inspector) and warnings that one should bring
- Nonfiction Reviews: Week of 3/3/2008
How should you best package your business's public image?