- Bible Babel: Making Sense of the Most Talked about Book of All Time
Swenson peppers her survey with references to popular culture, from the Simpsons to Metallica, as she demonstrates the Bibles continued influence on society.
- Bible Babel: Making Sense of the Most Talked About Book of All Time
Swenson peppers her survey with references to popular culture, from the Simpsons to Metallica, as she demonstrates the Bible’s continued influence on society.
- God of Earth
The natural world is full of stories with important lessons, Swenson insists, that are similar to Jesus’s parables.
- Of Biblical Scholarship There Is No End
Kristin Swenson is the author of Bible Babel: Making Sense of the Most Talked About Book of All Time (Harper, Feb. 2010) and teaches at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Religion Update Fall 2014: Biblical Scholarship - Old Characters, Fresh Readings
Collins (May) are volumes in a new Oxford Handbooks series that provides critical background and examines contemporary issues and current debates.Kristin Swenson is visiting associate professor of religious studies at the University of Virginia and the author of Bible Babel: Making Sense of the Most Talked
- Biblical Studies: An Old Field Takes Some New Turns
Prognosticators of trends in biblical studies had it easy for the past year.
- Reinventing the Bible: Books on Older Texts Shake Its Immutable Image
\tIs nothing sacred?
- Religion Update Fall 2013: Jesus Studies
\tThe scandal of Reza Aslan’s Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth (Random House, July) is not so much in what he says but that so few people have heard it before.
- Bible Reference in the Electronic Age
Got questions about how to use turmeric, the mating habits of penguins, or why water still drips out of the faucet when it should come through the filter you've attached?
- Job Moves: November 15, 2010
At HC he acquired titles including Witness to America by Douglas Brinkley, Bible Babel by Kristin Swenson, and United States of Americana by Kurt B.
- Deals: Pocket Wins Debut
In another Foundry auction, Chris Park sold North American rights to Kristin Swenson's Bible Babel: Making Sense of the Most Controversial Book in the World to Rob Crawford at Harper.
- Academic Religion Meetings Reunite, Publishers Rejoice
PW’s panel on writing for the general trade, with scholar-authors Michael Coogan (God and Sex), Kristin Swenson (Bible Babel), Lauren Winner (Still: Notes on a Mid-Faith Crisis), and Phil Zuckerman (Faith No
- Publish and Perish?
Similarly, Kristin Swenson believes "scholarship should never be an end in itself, but always point us further and in new directions."
- Religion Update Fall 2015: In Profile
—Kristin SwensonJohn J.
- In Profile