- The Geography of Risk: Epic Storms, Rising Seas, and the Cost of America’s Coasts
Investigative journalist Gaul (Billion-Dollar Ball) issues a punchy report on “unchecked” coastal development, with a focus on New Jersey, showing how local interests, backed by big money, have placed seashores at risk.
- Our War
Meanwhile, a local reporter and a UNICEF representative work together to try to save children from a war they don’t belong in.
- Our Women on the Ground: Essays by Arab Women Reporting from the Arab World
Lebanese-British journalist Hankir compiles essays by 19 female reporters from across the Middle East, including Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Sudan, Libya, Palestine, and Egypt.
- CI7: Authors and Illustrators to Meet
Close to 70 children’s book creators will be in Pittsburgh to meet with booksellers at educational sessions, signings, and receptions.Cece BellChick and Brain: Smell My Foot!
- This Week's Bestsellers: June 17, 2019
“Wolff’s gossipy account relies, he admits, on not-unimpeachable sources with axes to grind, especially former Trump adviser and right-wing provocateur Steve Bannon, who is quoted so much that he is virtually a coauthor.”
- Life Lessons from Memoirs
I know she wanted to do right by me, but it was all just so complicated.
- Columbia Global Reports Goes Its Own Way
The campaign runs through August 15.In addition to sales (including rights sales), CGR relies on support from Columbia and foundation grants.
- Long-Term Relationships: Backlist Backbones 2019
It licensed the paperback rights to Simon & Schuster for many years; BookScan reports 381,000 copies sold of the 2007 trade paper edition.
- Q & A with Tui T. Sutherland
I got excited right away.
- Rights Report: Week of June 10, 2019
Jessica Anderson at Holt has bought world rights to John Deere, That's Who!
- Speaking Truth to Power: PW talks to Jim Acosta
Other reporters have encountered the same thing.
- Siege: Trump Under Fire
Short on policy analysis and long on intrigue and gleefully vicious (and entertaining) character sketches, Wolff's gossipy account relies, he admits, on not-unimpeachable sources with axes to grind, especially former Trump adviser and right-wing provocateur Steve Bannon, who is quoted so much
- Inside National Geographic's Explorers’ Archive
“The first try failed, and the balloon went up and then came right back down.”
- ALA 2019: Reynolds, Sotomayor Headline ALA 2019 Annual Conference
Monday’s slate begins with NBC News reporter Mariana Atencio (8:30–9:30 a.m., WWCC Ballroom B–C).
- New Books Draw on Faith to Help Redefine Masculinity
and “what’s the right way to deal with lust?