- Open Your Mind, Open Your Life
Brief nuggets of Eastern wisdom from 20-something model and writer Taro Gold are available in the tiny, well-designed Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Eastern Wisdom.
- Living Wabi Sabi: The True Beauty of Your Life
Gold calls it "the appreciation of the value and beauty of imperfection," and writes that it is a virtue he learned from his sage Japanese grandmother, Obaa-san.
- The Tao of Mom: The Wisdom of Mothers from East to West
Among the contributors are Indira Gandhi, Eleanor Roosevelt, Mary Wollstonecraft, Gold's mother and his Great-Aunt Iko.
- What Is Love?: A Simple Buddhist Guide to Romantic Happiness
Although the Buddha himself left his family for an itinerant life, and Buddhism stresses non-attachment, Gold says that Buddhism is primarily about "living a joyful life," which includes satisfying romantic relationships.
- Good Reading for Spring Fever | ShelfTalker
Post navigation ← A Gold Star for ‘Magic Box’ Bookish Breakfast Cereal Finalists → Good Reading for Spring Fever Alison Morris March 3rd 2009 7 Replies Tweet
- Children's Notes
Parchment-facsimile pages literally burst with foldout treasure maps, ship's log entries, packets of gold dust plus mini-books of pirate customs and nautical terms.
- Fall 2004 Hardcovers: New Age
., $9.95) by Taro Gold explores wabi sabi, rooted in ancient Japanese art and lifestyle.
- Barnhill, Steptoe, 'March: Book Three' Win Newbery, Caldecott, Printz
There were three Batchelder Honor Books: Over the Ocean, written and illustrated by Taro Gomi, translated from the Japanese by Taylor Norman (Chronicle); As Time Went By, written and illustrated by José Sanabria, translated from the German by Audrey Hall (NorthSouth Books); and The
- BEA 2013: Spotlight On Children: Marking Memorable Milestones
Featured at the HarperCollins Children’s Books booth (2039) is the publisher’s 50th anniversary edition of this fable, which sports the original, full-color 1963 cover with a celebratory gold foil sticker.
- Your Thoughts on the Caldecott, Coretta Scott King, Newbery, Printz, and More? | ShelfTalker
Post navigation ← Let’s Put a Pin in That Wi12 Preview Active Nonfiction Books in Theory and Practice → Your Thoughts on the Caldecott Coretta Scott King Newbery Printz and More Elizabeth Bluemle January 24th 2017 1 Reply
- Awarding the 2008 Morris Medals | ShelfTalker
Post navigation ← The Eyes Behind the Prize BookRelated Gifts That Say Be Mine → Awarding the 2008 Morris Medals Alison Morris January 16th 2008 11 Replies Tweet The
- Children's Book Reviews: 12/7/2009
Picture Books My Heart Is Like a ZooMichael Hall.
- Fall 2003 Hardcovers -- Self-Help & Recovery
., $9.95) by Taro Gold gives practical answers to love's fundamental questions based on Buddhist principles.
- BEA 2014: Browsing the Children’s Booths, Chapter 2
–noon, to sign copies of The Magic Christmas Key, which won a Mom’s Choice Award Gold Medal.
- Casting A Wider Spell
After years on the fringes, New Age—which includes some alternative health, addiction and recovery, psychology and spiritual titles, as well as books on Eastern traditions—may finally be approaching the middle of the road.