- Bookstore Sales fell 5.7% in 2019
Bookstore sales, which struggled for most of the year, ended 2019 with a weak December and finished the year with a 5.7% sales drop compared to 2018, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- Bookstore Sales Dropped 5.1% in First Half of 2019
Bookstore sales finished the first half of 2019 down 5.1% compared to the first six months of 2018, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- Bookstore Sales Dipped in May
Through the first five months of 2019, bookstore sales were down 5.1% compared to the same period in 2018.
- January Bookstore Sales Fell 4.8%
For the entire retail segment, sales rose 5.2% over 2019.The drop in January bookstore sales followed a down 2019, when the Census Bureau reported that preliminary sales declined 5.7% from 2018 levels.
- April Bookstore Sales Tumbled 65.3%
Compared to May 2019, sales were down a relatively modest 6.2%.For the first four months of 2020, bookstore sales fell 23.3% compared to 2019, falling to $2.14 billion.
- October Bookstore Sales Fell 1.7%
Bookstore sales continued to post generally small monthly declines in 2019 compared to 2018.
- Bookstore Sales End Slide in April
A likely reason for the gain was Easter, which hit later in April 2019 than it did in April 2018.Even with the April gain, though, bookstore sales for the first four months of 2019 were down 6.0%, compared to the same period a year ago.
- Bookstore Sales Plunged 33.4% in March
Sales at bookstores tumbled 33.4% in March compared to March 2019, according to preliminary estimates released by the U.S.
- Bookstore Sales Fell 8.4% in Q1
Census Bureau, bookstore sales in the 2019 first quarter were $2.37 billion, down from $2.59 billion a year ago.
- Bookstore Sales Fell 10.3% in August
For the first eight months of 2019, bookstore sales dropped 6.1% from the comparable period a year ago.
- November Bookstore Sales Fell 7.3%
Faced with those issues, for the first 11 months of 2019, bookstore sales fell 5.5%, to $8.82 billion, from the comparable period in 2018.
- July Bookstore Sales Drop 5%
For the first six months of 2019 sales were down 5.1% compared to the first half of 2018.
- September Bookstore Sales Fell 2.3%
As a result, bookstore sales for the first nine months of 2019 were down 5.6% from the comparable period a year ago, dropping to $7.42 billion, from $7.86 billion in the first nine months of 2018.For the entire retail sector, September sales rose 3.7%
- Finalists Named for 2019 PW Bookstore of the Year
Publishers Weekly announced the shortlist for the 2019 PW Bookstore and Sales Rep of the Year Awards at Winter Institute 14 in Albuquerque, N.M. this morning.
- Bookstore Sales Have Second Consecutive Bad Month
February was the second month in a row bookstore sales fell in 2019 compared to 2018.