- Fiction Reviews: Week of 11/13/2006
Norman (The Bird Artist) uses the avian world as a counterpoint to the human one.
- Nonfiction Reviews
Brennan’s style is smart and straightforward, and her pragmatic advice is spot-on; marketers should take note.
- Nonfiction Reviews: Week of 3/24/2008
Instead, he posits, “They were flesh and blood participants in a scramble for dominion in North America, and diplomacy was their tool of choice.”
- Fiction Reviews: Week of 7/21/2008
If you can roll with the Scots dialect, the narrative is rewarding, bleak and marvelous.
- Fiction Book Reviews: 10/19/2009
The Things That Keep Us HereCarla Buckley.
- Fiction: Publishers Weekly Fiction Reviews, 6/19/2006
Readers should prepare themselves for heavy-handed allegory.
I'll Steal You Away Niccolò Ammaniti, trans. from the Italian by Jonathan Hunt.
- Fiction Review: Week of 11/20/2006
The Life You Longed For Maribeth Fischer.
- Fiction Reviews: Week of 2/12/2007
The band's fate is sealed when Anna suddenly and mysteriously dies three months after comeback single "Love Will Cut You Like a Knife" flops.
- Fiction Reviews: Week of 10/8/2007
Meanwhile, the barber and the Commander's wife commence a dangerous affair, and the chef tries to figure out how to use it to his advantage.
- Nonfiction Reviews: Week of 1/7/2008
Right of the Dial: The Rise of Clear Channel and the Fall of Commercial Radio Alec Foege.
- Fiction: Fiction Reviews Week of 8/14/2006
Which brings us to Delilah.
- Fiction Reviews
This is the anti-pity party: snappy, fun and inspiring.
- Fiction Reviews: 9/14/2009
The Brightest Star in the SkyMarian Keyes.
- Fiction Reviews: Week of 10/22/2007
You Must Be This Happy to Enter Elizabeth Crane.