Two books by self-published authors landed in the top spots on Apple's iBooks paid bestseller list for the week ending September 2. Justine Elvira's The Road to Forgiveness, the second book in her Price series, was the top selling book. Sitting at #2 was Melody Grace's Unbroken, the first book in the author's Beachwood Bay series.
The presence of two self-published titles at the top of the list is even more noteworthy for the book ousted from #1: J.K. Rowling's Cuckoo's Calling. For the first time in seven weeks, Rowling's pseudonymous novel is not the bestselling title, instead sliding two spots to #3.
New to the list this week was Veronica Roth's Divergent, the first in her trilogy of the same name. The final installment in the series, Allegiant, will be published on October 22, and a film adaptation of Divergent is slated for a March 2014 release
Top Paid Books
1. The Road To Forgiveness by Justine Elvira (Justine Elvira)
2. Unbroken by Melody Grace (Melody Grace)
3. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith & J.K. Rowling (Little, Brown & Company)
4. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Group US)
5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
6. Mistress by James Patterson & David Ellis (Little, Brown and Company)
7. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Penguin Group US)
9. Divergent by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)
10. Inferno by Dan Brown (Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group)