For the third week in a row, Sycamore Row by John Grisham was the top selling paid book in Apple's iBooks store.
The Book Thief, boosted thanks to the film adaptation released November 8, held tight to the #2 spot for the week ended November 18. Also enjoying a windfall from movie buzz is Veronica Roth's Divergent, which landed at #4 -- the adaptation of the book, the first in Roth's trilogy, is due out on March 21. The closer to the series, Allegiant, moved up one spot to #6.
New to the list this week were Melody Anne's self-published title, Scorched, the final title in her Surrender series, at #3. Patricia Cornwall's newly released, Dust, debuted on the list at #8.
Top Paid Books
1. Sycamore Row by John Grisham (Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group)
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (Random House Children's Books)
3. Scorched by Melody Anne (Melody Anne)
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)
5. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic Inc.)
6. Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)
7. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (Tom Doherty Associates)
8. Dust by Patricia Cornwell (Penguin Group US)
9. Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup (Atria / 37 Ink)
10. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Book 8) by Jeff Kinney (Abrams)
11. Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James (Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group)
12. Storm Shells by GJ Walker-Smith (GJ Walker-Smith)
13. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt (Little, Brown and Company)
14. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (Penguin Group US)
15. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Scholastic Inc.)
16. Insurgent by Veronica Roth (Katherine Tegen Books)
17. Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly & Martin Dugard (Henry Holt and Co.)
18. White Fire by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child (Grand Central Publishing)
19. The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom (Harper)
20. Mirage by Clive Cussler & Jack Du Brul (Penguin Group US)