Frankfurt Book Fair officials announced today that it will sell a limited number of “all access” passes, that will entitle purchasers to entry into all nine conferences and sessions featured in the recently-created Frankfurt Academy program. The passes, 100 of which will be sold, are valued at €5,000, organizers say, but will be sold at an introductory price €1,600 (plus VAT). The passes are part of the Frankfurt Book Fair’s ambitious strategy to expand from mainly a once-a-year event to a year-round program, with the Frankfurt Academy serving as “the umbrella brand,” for a slate of international conferences, seminars, and other trips, as well as a platform to promote “networking and the exchange of ideas within the industry."
Events covered by the new “All-Access Ticket: This will include:
- Publishers Launch Frankfurt (October 10, 2011)
- Children’s Publishing Goes Digital (October 11, 2011)
- Tools of Change for Publishing TOC Frankfurt (October 11, 2011)
- International Rights Directors Meeting (October 11, 2011)
- Frankfurt StoryDrive Conference (October 12-13, 2011)
- NEW: TOC Social Media Meets Publishing Workshop (October 13, 2011)
- NEW: MetaData Perspectives 2011 (October 13, 2011)
- Professional Program “Best Practices, New Ideas” (October 11-14, 2011)
- Education Conference “Learning moves!” (October 14-15, 2011—German speaking only)
In addition, the All-Access Ticket offers a complimentary ticket to the Opening Ceremony of the Frankfurt Book Fair, free access to the StoryDrive Business Center in Hall 6.0 and to the Ascoli VIP Club, and ticket-holders will also receive copies of all presentations and related conference materials for the 2011 Frankfurt Academy’s Book Fair program, as well as “exclusive market briefings and information about international developments and trends,” for a 12-month period.
Registration for the All-Access Ticket, and for the individual conferences included in the Frankfurt Academy programme, is now open, with an early bird rate is in effect until 29 July 2011.