|SALES & MARKETING ASSISTANT|
|Perseus Books Group|
| Legato Publishers Group, a Publishers Group West affiliate|
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
The Sales and Marketing Assistant provides administrative and general support to the Legato Publishers Group Sales and Marketing efforts; including special projects associated with national accounts, report generation, analysis, correspondence and routine clerical.
DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects the definition of the essential functions for this position, but does not restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned.
Populate frontlist title spreadsheets and account systems with title data. Send all appropriate publicity/PR/marketing hits and updates to sales staff every Friday or as needed
• Coordinate the dissemination of print and electronic sales kits and print and electronic sales materials to the sales force
• Perform departmental and specific publisher sales tracking, sales analysis and monthly reporting
• Assist in preparation and compilation of materials for book fairs and presentations
• Ad hoc sample mailings to accounts/buyers as necessary
• Receive from publishers, forward, and follow up on sales leads with reps
• Compile and distribute marketing information and updates to publishers
• Coordinate the updating of the Legato website
• Be liaison for Legato in all appropriate Berkeley meetings
• Serve as Legato author events order coordinator
• Contracts - scan and file signed agreements. Send digital copies to accounts payable with related fees, and to Canada, International, Gift, and Constellation departments.
• Complete new publisher set-up forms and process
• Schedule trade show appointments
• General clerical; expenses, filing, copying, etc.
• Get from publishers and circulate distribution letters
• Research travel/hotel options
• Acute attention to detail
• Proficient on Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Works and PowerPoint
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and as an member of a team
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• College degree and 2-4 years publishing experience, preferably in sales, required