|Literary Programs Manager|
|Texas Book Festival|
|Texas Book Festival was founded in 1996 to celebrate books and their authors, promote the joys of reading and benefit Texas libraries. The Festival focuses on Texas, and hosts writers from all over the world and has a national reputation for quality programming and its appeal to readers, authors, & publishers alike. |
The Literary Manager is responsible for achieving the Festival’s mission by creating and implementing year round literary programs in Austin and other Texas cities, including the two-day Book Festival in Austin.
Education: Position requires Bachelor’s degree; graduate studies in a relevant field preferred.
Requirements: 5 years of relevant work experience, including writing, planning and executing literary events and managing media relations.
• Enthusiasm and passion for literature and literacy is a must.
• Knowledge of the Texas literary community.
• Knowledge and experience in publishing industry.
• Experience in recruiting, motivating, and managing volunteers is essential.
• Event-planning and management experience on a large scale.
• Excellent communications skills (oral, written, and presentation) are required.
• Media experience and public relations skills preferred.
1. Develop and implement year round literary programs in Austin and other Texas cities, including the two-day Book Festival in Austin.
2. Work closely with publishers to feature the year’s most compelling books at Festival events.
3. Work with partner organizations and volunteers to create programming that will appeal to a wide range of audiences.
4. Create and edit writing for the Festival’s website to promote programs and literary events.
5. Create and implement a communications plan to promote the Festival and its mission, including managing media relations and communications.
6. Manage media and PR relations for the Festival.
7. Manage the details of literary events logistics, including the Festival schedule and volunteers working program sessions.
The Texas Book Festival is a 501(c) (3) organization.