AAP Names 2020 Prose Award Subject Category Winners
The Association of American Publishers has named the 49 Subject Category Winners for the 2020 Prose Awards, which honor the best scholarly works published in 2019. These winners were selected by a panel of 19 judges from the 157 finalists previously identified from the more than 630 entries in this year’s competition. In the next few weeks, AAP will further refine the field by announcing Excellence Winners in five different categories:
- The 2019 PROSE Award for Excellence in Biological and Life Sciences
- The 2019 PROSE Award for Excellence in Humanities
- The 2019 PROSE Award for Excellence in Physical Sciences and Mathematics
- The 2019 PROSE Award for Excellence in Reference Works
- The 2019 PROSE Award for Excellence in Social Sciences
One of these five Excellence Winners will receive the R.R. Hawkins Award, the top prize of the annual Prose competition, which will be named this month. The R.R. Hawkins Award winner will be further celebrated at AAP’s annual Professional and Scholarly Publishers (PSP) forum in Washington, D.C., taking place this year on June 23.