2020 Business Book of the Year Shortlist Announced
The Financial Times and McKinsey & Company have announced the shortlist for the 2020 Business Book of the Year Award.
This year’s shortlisted books are:
- Deaths of Despair and the Future of Capitalism by Anne Case and Angus Deaton (Princeton UP)
- No Filter: The Inside Story of Instagram by Sarah Frier (S&S)
- No Rules Rules: Netflix and the Culture of Reinvention by Reed Hastings and Erin Meyer (Penguin)
- Reimagining Capitalism: How Business Can Save the World, by Rebecca Henderson, Penguin Business, Penguin Random House (UK); PublicAffairs (US)
- If Then: How the Simulmatics Corporation Invented the Future by Jill Lepore (Norton)
- A World Without Work: Technology, Automation and How We Should Respond, by Daniel Susskind (Metropolitan)
The winner of the 2020 Business Book of the Year Award will be announced on December 1 at a digital event, cohosted by Financial Times editor Roula Khalaf and Kevin Sneader, global managing partner of McKinsey & Company.The winner will receive £30,000 and the authors of each of the remaining shortlisted books will be awarded £10,000.