SK Global, Mazur Kaplan Set Five Book Projects for Adaptation
SK Global and Books and Books owner Mitchell Kaplan's Los Angeles–based production company the Mazur Kaplan Company have finalized a first-look development pact, with an initial five books set for adaptation, as SK Global continues to prioritize expanding into television and "global premium content with international appeal."
The first five books set for television or feature adaptation under the terms of the new deal include:
- The Hierarchies by Ros Anderson, which SK Global and Mazur Kaplan will co-produce with Margot Robbie and Tom Ackerley’s LuckyChap Entertainment
- The Lincoln Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill America's 16th President–and Why It Failed by Brad Meltzer with Josh Mensch; Nia DaCosta is attached to direct and co-produce along with Gabrielle Nadig
- The Year of Dangerous Days: Riots, Refugees, and Cocaine in Miami 1980 by Nicholas Griffin, with Tom Fontana set as showrunner
- The Reformatory by Tananarive Due, a forthcoming novel the author will adapt in partnership with Steven Barnes
- The Current by Tim Johnston, to be adapted by Emmy nominated screenwriter Miki Johnson