The Cuckoo's Calling still sits in the top spot on Apple's iBooks paid bestseller list, for the week ending August 19. James Patterson and David Ellis's Mistress moves up one slot to #2, and Lee Child's Jack Reacher novella, High Heat, slid from #4 to #9. Violet Duke, the only self-published author on the list, hangs on at #10 with Choosing the Right Man.
Sylvia Day's Afterburn, the launch title of the partnership between Harlequin and Cosmopolitan Magazine, Cosmo Red-Hot Reads, made its debut on the list at #4. Also new to the list is Mark R. Levin's The Liberty Amendments, a blueprint for "restoring our founding principles" through suggested constitutional amendments. Presumably thanks to the impending start of a new school year, Kenneth Miller and Joseph S. Levin's textbook, Biology, also hit the list for the first time since it was made available.
Top Paid Books
1. The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith & J.K. Rowling (Little, Brown & Company)
2. Mistress by James Patterson & David Ellis (Little, Brown and Company)
3. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Group US)
4. Afterburn by Sylvia Day (Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin)
5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
6. The Liberty Amendments by Mark R. Levin (Threshold Editions)
7. Biology by Kenneth R. Miller, Ph.D. & Joseph S. Levine, Ph.D. (Pearson Education, Inc.)
8. Inferno by Dan Brown (Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group)
9. High Heat: A Jack Reacher Novella by Lee Child (Random House Publishing Group)
10. Choosing the Right Man by Violet Duke (Violet Duke)