Just before many publishers broke for the holidays, ReedPop announced that registration has opened for BookExpo 2017, taking place May 31–June 2 at the Javits Center in New York City. The organizer has made a number of key changes to BookExpo to create what it calls “a focused professional environment to [help visitors] discover emerging authors and the next blockbuster titles, engage with the world’s most influential publishers, and learn from industry leaders and peers.” Among the changes that are being implemented are the following:
● Wednesday will be mainly dedicated to conference and networking, with the remainders area of the show floor opening at 1 p.m.
● The entire show floor will be open Thursday and Friday.
● The ABA Celebration Luncheon moves to Wednesday.
● The Global Market Forum will be Wednesday and is expanding to include sessions on rights, translation, children’s and YA books, and case studies to grow business internationally.
● Self-publishing will be highlighted at the new Author Market, where education sessions, author exhibits, service providers, and the New Title Showcase come together.
For more information or to register for BookExpo go to bookexpoamerica.com/register.
Immediately following BookExpo at the Javits will be BookCon, set for June 3–4. Authors already committed to appear include Dan Brown, Cassandra Clare, Shannon Hale, Jenny Han, Ryan Higa, Marissa Meyer, Danielle Paige, and others.