Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Books & Media has joined most major publishers in devising an ordering plan for independent booksellers who have been impacted by the recent Baker & Taylor decision to depart the retail wholesale business.
Titled Fast Track, HMH's program offers the following terms on all front and backlist orders:
- Expedited account setup for new accounts that were working with Baker & Taylor
- Special offer on the first order
- Waived minimum order quantities
- Free outbound shipping
- A direct sales representative contact to work closely with accounts on this process
- In addition, HMH has updated its backlist stock offers and is offering the opportunity to order backlist under new terms. Interested stores can contact their rep or reach out via Indie Fast Track.
- Offered until Oct. 1, 2019
"HMH is committed to our independent bookstore partners and to a flourishing retail marketplace," said Ed Spade, v-p sales and national accounts at HMH Books & Media, in a statement. “We’re glad that we can offer the Fast Track program to streamline new account set up and initial ordering for these valued indie accounts."
Booksellers with questions about Fast Track can contact IndieFastTrack@hmhco.com.