Led by sales of such of powerhouse titles as Delia Owens’s wildly popular novel Where the Crawdads Sing on the fiction list, and Michelle Obama’s memoir Becoming for nonfiction, Amazon released lists of the e-tailers top selling books of 2019.
Where the Crawdads Sing (PRH) topped Amazon’s list of Most Sold Books in 2019 in fiction, followed by Alex Michaelides’s thriller The Silent Patient (Celadon), and Treasure Island: An Audible Original Drama, a modernized audiobook version of Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic adventure novel that has been reimagined in the form of a radio play with a cast of featured narrators.
The nonfiction list of Amazon’s Most Sold Books is led by the former First Lady’s memoir Becoming (PRH), followed by Educated (RH),Tara Westover’s journey from uneducated child of survivalists to Harvard and Cambridge University academic; and two popular self-help titles by entrepreneur Rachel Hollis, Girl, Stop Apologizing (HarperCollins, 2019), and Girl, Wash Your Face (Thomas Nelson, 2018).
Amazon’s Most Books Sold rankings include sales across all formats and are ranked according to the number of copies sold and pre-ordered through Amazon.com, Audible.com, Amazon Books stores, and books read through digital subscription programs (once a customer has read a certain percentage – roughly the length of a free reading sample). Bulk buys are counted as a single purchase.
A list of Amazon's most read books and another book-related items can be found here.
Amazon Charts Most Sold Books (Fiction):
1. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
2. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
3. Treasure Island: An Audible Original Drama by Robert Louis Stevenson, adapted by Marty Ross
4. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
5. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
Amazon Charts Most Sold Books (Non-Fiction):
2. Educated by Tara Westover
3. Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals by Rachel Hollis
4. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are so You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis.
5. Can’t Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins