Hachette Book Group is implementing a program to help independent bookstores weather the financial fallout from the coronavirus crisis by offering independent booksellers a 5% discount off of MSRP for any title that is sold and delivered to customers in their local community. Only books delivered by a store staff member or contracted local courier qualify.
Alison Lazarus, executive v-p, group sales director, said in a statement, “With this Indie Home Delivery promotion we hope to provide our valued independent bookstore partners help in adapting to a situation that will be impacting sales and retail foot traffic. We know many stores already offer this personalized service and hope this will help in those efforts."
The program covers deliveries made from March 16 through May 15 and books published by Hachette, its subsidiaries, and participating client publishers, including Abrams, Disney, Kids Can Press, Hachette UK, Lonely Planet, Marvel, Mobius, Moleskine, Phaidon, Phoenix International, Octopus, Quarto Publishing Group, and Yen Press.
Details are as follows:
- An additional discount of 5% off MSRP will be credited on any delivered title once receipt of the credit request form is received. A credit request form can be found online at: https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/booksellers/
- There is no minimum quantity for delivery required to be eligible for a rebate
- Promotion applies to all HBG titles and participating client publisher product
- Indie Home Delivery credits are available for deliveries made between March 16, 2020 and May 15, 2020
- Bookstores must complete the credit request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive their credit
- Booksellers with questions about the program should contact HBG’s telephone sales team at email@example.com or 800-934-5252.