In a rare bit of good news these days, Libro.fm is hiring 10 booksellers from among those who were laid off due to the new coronavirus crisis. part of a special month-long project.Booksellers who reside in the U.S. are eligible to apply to work remotely from April 13 through May 15.
The Seattle-based retailer, which offers audiobooks for sale through its website and in partnership with independent bookstores, has had its strongest sales in the company's history in recent months; in March, it saw a 300% increase in subscriptions from the previous month. The company has also so far raised more than $80,000 for bookstores through its #ShopBookstoreNow campaign, which returns 100% of the sale price or $15 for a subscriber credit on a selection of promotional titles.
The company encouraged booksellers to apply for a job and suggest a role they might fill. The company listed 10 open positions and job descriptions, including:
- Audiobook Sample Creation
- Corporate and Bulk Sales Outreach
- Online Content + Proofreading
- Educator and Librarian ALC Outreach
- Build Enhanced Audiobook Pages and Author Bio Pages
- Influencer Outreach
- Children’s and YA Expert-in-Residence
- Fiction and General Trade Expert-in-Residence
- Publicity Outreach
- Writer or Artist-in-Residence
Interested booksellers should complete the application by 12:00pm PDT on Wednesday, April 8.