Macmillan Booksellers Professional Development Scholarship Winners Announced
For the second year, nine booksellers from communities across the United States will attend independent booksellers’ association trade shows with scholarships supplied by Macmillan Publishers through the Book Industry Charitable Foundation. These Macmillan Booksellers Professional Development Scholarships provide professional development opportunities to booksellers traditionally underrepresented within the industry.
The nine winners of the 2018 Macmillan Booksellers Professional Development Scholarship are:
- Jeffrey Blair from Eyeseeme African American Children’s Bookstore in University City, Mo.
- Annie Carl from The Neverending Bookshop in Bothell, Wash.
- Kayla Chang from Warwick’s in La Jolla, Calif.
- Drew Durham from Books, Inc in Burlingame, Calif.
- Katie Formosi from The Book Rack in Newburyport, Mass.
- Rebecca Fortes from Nicola’s Books in Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Julie Jarema from Avid Bookshop in Athens, Ga.
- Veronica Liu from Word Up Community Bookshop in New York City
- Cristina Rodriguez from Deep Vellum Books in Dallas, Tex.
Each winner will receive a $500 scholarship to help cover the cost of attendance to the fall regional show in their area.