Hayek Prize Finalists Announced
The Manhattan Institute has announced the list of finalists for its 16th annual Hayek Book Prize. The prize, awarded in New York each year, celebrates authors who best represent the principles of political philosopher and Nobel laureate F. A. Hayek. The winner, who will receive a $50,000 award, will be announced in the spring and will deliver the annual Hayek lecture in New York in June.
The finalists are:
- Austerity: When it Works and When it Doesn't by Alberto Alesina, Carlo Favero, and Francesco Giavazzi (Princeton University Press, February 19, 2019)
- Big Business: A Love Letter to an American Anti-Hero by Tyler Cowen (St. Martin's Press, April 9, 2019)
- The Conservative Sensibility by George F. Will (Hachette Books, June 4, 2019)
- Margaret Thatcher: The Authorized Biography series by Charles Moore (Allen Lane/Penguin UK, 2014-2019)
- Russia's Crony Capitalism: The Path from Market Economy to Kleptocracy by Anders Åslund (Yale University Press, May 21, 2019)