BISG Annual Meeting Goes Online
The Book Industry Study Group (BISG) will reimagine its 2020 Annual Meeting, which had been rescheduled to take place in person on September 11, as a series of online conversations delivered between late July and September.
In lieu of a traditional one-day conference, BISG will host a series of online panels, presentations, and talks, spread out over the course of several weeks:
- Building a Smarter Supply Chain (July 28)
- Change Management in the Age of COVID-19 (August 4)
- Lessons Drawn from Publishing Entrepreneurs (August 6)
- Real-Time Reporting and Bigger Data (August 11)
- Sustainable Publishing: Where We Need to Go (August 18)
- BISG Industry Awards Celebration (September 11)
- Keynote Conversation with James Daunt (September 11)
Initially tapped to deliver the keynote address, James Daunt, CEO of Barnes & Noble and managing director of Waterstones in the U.K., will instead be interviewed by Brian O’Leary on September 11, at 3:00 p.m. ET by web conference, with time for questions from the audience.
Though the Annual Meeting has been a day-long ticketed event, most recently held at the Harvard Club of New York, staff of both member and non-member companies will be able to access all 2020 programming at no charge. Sponsorship of the repositioned meeting is provided by Bowker.