New Leadership at AUPresses
Niko Pfund, president of Oxford University Press USA, has assumed the presidency of the Association of University Presses, among other leadership changes. Pfund was preceded as AUPresses president by Kathryn Conrad, director of the University of Arizona Press. Other AUPresses leadership changes for 2020-2021 include:
- Treasurer Alice Ennis, University of Illinois Press, took office as Jean Kim, Stanford University, wrapped up her 2019-2020 term
- Lisa Bayer, director of the University of Georgia Press, was named president-elect
- Mike W. Bieker, director of the University of Arkansas Press, was named treasurer-elect, a reprise of his service as treasurer to the Association in 2013-2016
- New board members began three-year terms: Allison Belan, director of strategic innovation and services at Duke University Press; Christie Henry, director of Princeton University Press; and Stephanie Williams, director of Ohio University Press.
- Past president Jennifer Crewe, director of Columbia University of Press; past treasurer Robbie Dircks, associate director and chief financial officer of the University of North Carolina Press; Greg Britton, editorial director of Johns Hopkins University Press; Dennis Lloyd, director of the University of Wisconsin Press; and Gita Manaktala, editorial director of the MIT Press concluded service on the board