Canada's Donner Prize Announces Shortlist
The Donner Prize, which honors the best public policy thinking, writing and research by a Canadian has announced its shortlist. The receives $50,000, while each other nominated title receives $7,500. The winner will be revealed during an online program on Wednesday, September 16th, 2020 at 11:00 am ET, on the Donner Prize YouTube channel and Facebook page.
The 2019/2020 Donner Prize finalists are:
- Empty Planet: The Shock of Global Population Decline by Darrell Bricker and John Ibbitson (Signal/McClelland & Stewart)
- Living with China: A Middle Power Finds Its Way by Wendy Dobson (Rotman-UTP/University of Toronto Press)
- The Wealth of Nations by Thomas Flanagan (Fraser Institute)
- Breakdown: The Pipeline Debate and the Threat to Canada’s Future by Dennis McConaghy (Dundurn Press)
- The Tangled Garden: A Canadian Cultural Manifesto for the Digital Age by Richard Stursberg with Stephen Armstrong (James Lorimer & Co.)