2021 Business Book of the Year Award Shortlist Announced
The Financial Times and McKinsey & Company announced the shortlist for the 2021 Business Book of the Year Award. Now in its seventeenth year, the Award recognizes one book that provides the "most compelling and enjoyable insight into modern business issues."
The winner of the 2021 Business Book of the Year Award will be announced on December 1. The winner will receive £30,000 and the author(s) of each of the remaining shortlisted books will be awarded £10,000.
This year’s shortlisted books are:
- The World for Sale: Money, Power and the Traders Who Barter the Earth's Resources by Javier Blas & Jack Farchy (Oxford University Press)
- Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty by Patrick Radden Keefe (Doubleday)
- The Conversation: How Talking Honestly About Racism Can Transform Individuals and Organizations by Robert Livingston, (Currency/Crown)
- The New Climate War: The Fight to Take Back Our Planet by Michael E. Mann (PublicAffairs)
- This Is How They Tell Me the World Ends: The Cyberweapons Arms Race by Nicole Perlroth (Bloomsbury)
- The Aristocracy of Talent: How Meritocracy Made the Modern World by Adrian Wooldridge (Skyhorse)