Kalani Pickhart Wins 2022 Young Lions Fiction Award
Kalani Pickhart won the New York Public Library's 2022 Young Lions Fiction Award for her book I Will Die in a Foreign Land at a ceremony held at the Stephen A. Schwarzman building on June 16. The award, which comes with a $10,000 prize, is given annually to an American writer age 35 or younger for either a novel or a collection of short stories.
The finalists for this year's award were:
- Mateo Askaripour for Black Buck
- Alexandra Kleeman for Something New Under the Sun
- Tom Lin for The Thousand Crimes of Ming Tsu
- Dantiel W. Moniz for Milk Blood Heat
- Kalani Pickhart for I Will Die in a Foreign Land